Christian Education is offered for children, youth and adults of all ages. There are offerings on Sunday mornings and occasional adult studies during the week. Please check below to find a class or discussion group that might interest you.
Men’s Tuesday Bible Study
- A long-running group of men who meet weekly. An informal study preceded by a bagel breakfast, the books of the Bible that are studied as selected by the group. Tuesdays 7 a.m. in Founders Hall West. Contact: Rev. Bill Cavanaugh, Rector
Sunday Mornings (10 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.)
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd: Rooted in the Bible, the liturgy of the church, and the educational principles of Maria Montessori. Children gather for scripture lesson and then have the opportunity to engage or “work” with the scripture directly through the use of manipulatives. PLC 3 – 3 yrs. through Kindergarten; PLC 4 – 1st through 4th grade; PLC 8 – 4th through 6th grade. Contact: Sarah Jo Skinner, Catechesis Director
- Children’s Chapel: Children’s Chapel during the 8:45 and 11 a.m. services is an opportunity for students to read and reflect on the scriptures of the day in a fun and kid-perfect way. Children exit the main church for chapel and return for Eucharist. Contact: Sarah Jo Skinner, Children’s Christian Ed.
- Contact Audrey Sutton, Director of Youth Ministries, for the most up-to-date information.
- 20s & 30s: “Celebration of Discipline” by R. Foster. Explore the central spiritual practices of the Christian faith. Delve into each with the goal of developing a balanced spiritual life. PLC Commons. Contact: Temple Taylor, Newcomers
- Parent’s Forum: Join parents of all ages and stages as we study scripture to strengthen ourselves, our faith and our families. PLC 5. Contact: Susan Ufer, Adult Christian Ed.