Christian Education is offered for children, youth and adults of all ages. There are offerings on Sunday mornings and occasional adult studies during the week. Please check below to find a class or discussion group that might interest you.
Women’s Monday Evening Book Study
- “Wearing God” by Lauren Winner
- This gathering of women meets weekly to reflect on a thoughtful book and get to know some wonderful sojourners. Mondays 7-8:30 p.m. in PLC 3. Contact: Becky Umstead
Men’s Tuesday Bible Study
- A long-running group of men who meet weekly. An informal study preceded by a bagel breakfast, the books of the Bible that are studied as selected by the group. Tuesdays 7 a.m. in the Cafe. Contact: Rev. Bill Cavanaugh, Rector
M.O.M.S. – Ministry of Moms Sharing
- This group of young mothers meets weekly to study God’s word, pray, participate in service projects and enjoy fellowship. Tuesdays 7-9 p.m. in Meeting Room 2 of Servants Hall. Contact: Temple Taylor, Newcomers
Adult Wednesday Study – Lectionary Bible Study
- A drop-in friendly class designed to prepare heart and mind for Sunday lessons. Participants examine the scirputre for the coming week focusing on common messages and themes. Wednesdays 6:30-8 p.m. in Meeting Room 1 of Servants Hall. (Childcare provided) Contact Rev. Betsy Randall, Assoc. Rector
Sunday Mornings (10 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.)
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd: Rooted in the Bible, the liturgy of the church, and the educational principles of Maria Montessori. Children gather for scripture lesson and then have the opportunity to engage or “work” with the scripture directly through the use of manipulatives. PLC 6 – 3 yrs. through Kindergarten; PLC 5 – 1st through 3rd grade; PLC 8 – 4th through 6th grade. Contact: Sarah Jo Skinner, Catechesis Director
- Children’s Chapel: Children’s Chapel during the 8:45 and 11 a.m. services is an opportunity for students to read and reflect on the scriptures of the day in a fun and kid-perfect way. Children exit the main church for chapel and return for Eucharist. Contact: Sarah Jo Skinner, Children’s Christian Ed.
- Youth Sunday School: A place to study scripture, meet Crist and deepen your faith. Each study will look at the lectionary and scriputres with age-relatable content. September-May; Youth Sunday School Room
- Confirmation Classes: 9-12th grade students pursuing confirmation in October 2017. September 10-October 22, Youth Room
- Contact Audrey Sutton, Director of Youth Ministries, for the most up-to-date information.
- Rector’s Forum: Life and Death. Two themes that are important parts of the Old and New Testaments, the Prayer Book, and, oh, yes, our lives as well. We will see how Jesus’ triumph over the powers of sin and death open up life for us in new and profound ways. We will also practically look at Christian living and preparing for a holy death. Founders Hall East. Contact: Rev. Bill Cavanaugh, Rector
- Life Together (20s-30s): “Alpha” by Nicky Gumble. This group of Epiphany singles and young families, meets weekly for study, discussion and prayer. Reading ahead is not required to be welcomed by this friendly group! The group also meets for fellowship throughout the year. Meeting Room 1 of Servants Hall. Contact: Temple Taylor, Newcomers
- Seekers, Sinners and Saints: “Accidental Saints” by Nadia Bolz-Weber. Open to all, Seekers is a self-led adult class where we rotate various books and topics that we choose together. Come, even if you haven’t read the material, haven’t come before or consistently, or aren’t sure you agree with everything. We seek to grow in our faith and community through study and rich discussion. Meeting Room 2 of Servants Hall. Contacts: Cara Brown and Becky Umstead