Christian Education is offered for children, youth and adults of all ages. There are offerings on Sunday mornings and occasional adult studies during the week. Please check below to find a class or discussion group that might interest you.
Sunday Mornings (10 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.)
- Rector’s Forum: Rector’s forum is the clergy-led class on Sundays. It is open to all age ranges and does not require outside reading. The class aims to delve into topics of the faith which strengthen and inspire us to follow Christ in a deeper way. Not simply didactic, the class invites members to ask questions and share thoughts. If you are a newcomer to the class, feel free to jump in. Topics have included theology, books of the Bible, Christian history, the Saints, missions and evangelism. Meets in Founders Hall
- Life Together (20s-30s): This group of Epiphany singles and young families, meets weekly for study, discussion and prayer. Reading ahead is not required to be welcomed by this friendly group! The group also meets for fellowship throughout the year. Meeting Room 1 of Servants Hall. Contact: Temple Taylor, Newcomers
- Seekers, Sinners and Saints: Open to all, Seekers is a self-led adult class where we rotate various books and topics that we choose together. Come, even if you haven’t read the material, haven’t come before or consistently, or aren’t sure you agree with everything. We seek to grow in our faith and community through study and rich discussion. Meeting Room 2 of Servants Hall. Contacts: Cara Brown and Becky Umstead
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd: Rooted in the Bible, the liturgy of the church, and the educational principles of Maria Montessori. Children gather for scripture lesson and then have the opportunity to engage or “work” with the scripture directly through the use of manipulatives. PLC 6 – 3 yrs. through Kindergarten; PLC 5 – 1st through 3rd grade; PLC 8 – 4th through 6th grade. Contact: Sarah Jo Skinner, Catechesis Director
- Children’s Chapel: Children’s Chapel during the 8:45 and 11 a.m. services is an opportunity for students to read and reflect on the scriptures of the day in a fun and kid-perfect way. Children exit the main church for chapel and return for Eucharist. Contact: Sarah Jo Skinner, Children’s Christian Ed.
- Youth Sunday School: A place to study scripture, meet Christ and deepen your faith. Each study will look at the lectionary and scriputres with age-relatable content. September-May; Youth Sunday School Room
- Confirmation Classes: 9-12th grade students pursuing confirmation, Youth Room
- Contact Stuart Cook, Director of Youth Ministries, for the most up-to-date information.
Women’s Monday Evening Book Study
- This gathering of women meets weekly to reflect on a thoughtful book and get to know some wonderful sojourners. Mondays 7-8:30 p.m. in PLC 3. Contact: Becky Umstead
Men’s Tuesday Bible Study
- A long-running group of men who meet weekly. An informal study preceded by a bagel breakfast, the books of the Bible that are studied as selected by the group. Tuesdays 7 a.m. in the Cafe.
M.O.M.S. – Ministry of Moms Sharing
- This group of young mothers meets weekly to study God’s word, pray, participate in service projects and enjoy fellowship. Tuesdays 7-9 p.m. in Meeting Room 2 of Servants Hall. Contact: Temple Taylor, Newcomers
Adult Wednesday Study – Lectionary Bible Study
- A drop-in friendly class designed to prepare heart and mind for Sunday lessons. Participants examine the scirputre for the coming week focusing on common messages and themes. Wednesdays 6:30-8 p.m. in Meeting Room 1 of Servants Hall. (Childcare provided) Contact Rev. Betsy Randall, Priest in Charge